Nov 21, 2008

Bryanna's Seitan Turkey



I tried out Bryanna Grogan's recipe the other day, using her roulade variation and put my own stuffing in the middle. It was a complicated and time-consuming recipe, since you had to knead, let rest for an hour, knead again, then bake for 3 1/2 hours, turning twice. I suggest that you put several layers of parchment under that sucker so you can use one of the top layers to lift it out and toss it back in. But in the end, it was a much tastier version of a Tofurkey roast, which I never liked because I didn't like its flavor, but the texture was similar. It could also be easily sliced thin. A friend suggested I add a little liquid smoke to the mix- I think I'll try that for the next one, and put a vegan meatloaf in the middle- mmmm! Pics to come.

By the way... anyone try the Seitan Roast with Wild Rice and Chesnut Stuffing from Vegan Dad ? I am itchin' to try that one, and let ya'll know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment